Business Administration: Marketing and Communications
The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The Marketing and Communications concentration emphasizes the role of communication and marketing in the context of running a business in the 21st century.
|Accreditation||WASC + MSMT|
|Degree||Bachelor of Arts|
|Intake||Fall / Spring|
Please submit your details in order to receive the brochure via email.
About the program
The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2020, the average class size in business undergraduate studies was 18 students!
What I enjoy most about AAU is its diverse and engaging environment. The smaller class sizes allowed me to make meaningful connections with faculty members and students, and facilitated networking, which is extremely important in the business world, and has enabled me to seek out the right opportunities.Kristian Pankulych, Business Administration, Student
The Marketing and Communications concentration emphasizes the role of communication and marketing in the context of running a business in the 21st century. It focuses on the development of written and verbal marketing communication. The students will learn how to analyze buyer behavior, what are the determinants of building a company brand and how to conduct marketing analysis. The concentration links theoretical knowledge with real-life experience – students will participate in commercial and non-profit projects and spend time working in a marketing company.
After completing all modules, students will have learnt the craft of international marketing, planning and communication both on online and offline platforms.
Business Administration: Marketing and Communications is a 3-year study program. To graduate, students must accumulate 90 US credits (180 ECTS credits) by completing 30 courses.
One course from the following:
One course from the following:
On top of that students are also required to complete the Thesis Seminar, Internship and Thesis module.
And 2 courses from the following:
Introduction to Digital Marketing / Public Relations / International Marketing / Direct Marketing / Tourism Marketing / International Marketing for Hospitality
Note: a concentration can be opened, provided min. twelve students enroll.
Students can choose five courses from the list of courses offered by any school at AAU.
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their studies by taking graduation examination: state exam covering the major module, state exam covering the concentration module, thesis defense.
For more information on the modular structure and the study program, please contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications can expect to:
- Utilize information communication technologies, media and social networks to effectively engage international audiences across different channels.
- Understand how to optimize marketing communications strategy to deliver targeted market messages within business and the media, using advertising, direct response, public relations, and sales promotion.
- Craft, design, implement and evaluate a marketing campaign from both an individual and management perspective
- Understand how to most effectively communicate with stakeholders, i.e. owners, investors, communities, and most importantly, customers
- Recognize cultural, sociological, economic and political concepts where they interact with strategic and intercultural communications
- Analyze the financial implications of marketing activities to ensure that customer value is delivered at the lowest possible cost
- Act as business professionals able to work within technologically driven and consumer-focused businesses and manage their own and others career development
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English; our graduates are able to identify, analyze, describe, present and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences.
AAU graduates thrive in multinational environments and are able to communicate professionally in English to international audiences. As a graduate of this degree program, you will be well equipped to continue your studies or pursue a global career in areas such as:
- advertising account executive / manager
- advertising account planner
- marketing communications executive / manager
- sales promotion account executive / manager
- social media assistant / executive / manager
- UX [user experience] designer
- web content executive / manager
- marketing analyst
- market(ing) researcher (executive / manager)
- marketing strategy manager
- campaign manager
- lead generator
- marketing assistant
- marketing executive
- marketing manager (domestic / international / global)
- public relations account executive / manager
See what our students have to say
We do almost all of our projects in small international teams, and we work together like we would in a business company and synergize our different ideas. There's flexibilities to meet with teachers outside of class, and ask them questions, not just specifically things we learn in the class.
Business Administration, United States of America
I like AAU because it’s very diverse and you can take as many classes as you want, including ones not connected to your degree. That way you can grow as a person. I enjoy basically every hour I spend here and I feel like I’m getting value for every class and I feel very connected to the people around me.
Business Administration, Russian Federation