Vision, Mission and Values
Graduates of the Anglo-American University are prepared to make a positive difference addressing local, national and international challenges through the analysis and application of current and developing knowledge in the context of a globalized world.
AAU was founded in 1990, shortly after the collapse of communism, as the Anglo-American College (AAC) by Jansen Raichl and Dr. Vlasta Raichlová. Their vision was to create an educational institution that would combine the best of American and British academic principles with Central European traditions and give students a wide range of opportunities for future career in the local and international labor market.
As a global and inclusive community, AAU prepares learners for leading a meaningful and prosperous life by cultivating critical thinking, effective communication and responsible action through personalized and transformative learning.
The AAU vision is to be a leading learning hub connecting study programs, research and real-world experience.
- Academic Excellence: Conduct quality programs based on innovative strategies and practical skills of a qualified and diverse faculty.
- Personal Attention to Learners: Instruct in small, dynamic groups using real-world experience with seminar- and project-based education methods to identify and satisfy individual learner needs, support their continuous growth and development.
- Diversity, Inclusivity and Multiculturalism: Cultivate a multicultural campus environment; encourage diversity of the student body, faculty, and staff; and treat each person with dignity and respect.
- Flexibility and Critical Thinking: Promote open-minded discussion and original thought from students, faculty, businesses and institutions to empower innovative approaches and increase the ability to address new challenges.
- Social Consciousness: Foster an ethos of social responsibility, provide excellent affordable education on a not-for-profit basis and continually reinvest in the betterment of our community and educational models.
- Shared Governance: Provide relevant stakeholders at all levels with a voice in matters of curriculum, research and operations.
Campus Opening Hours