|Course Name||Direct Marketing|
|Description||Sales is the essential last step in the value chain and in the value creating process in an organization. The sales force “owns” the customer and is the main customer interface. Direct and interactive marketing is today in the center of all marketing activities. TheInternet connects organizations with millions of individuals. New digital and other high-techmarketing methods enable companies to create customized customer experiences also in mass markets. Sales as an integral and most important part of a marketing strategy is the actual transfer of products and services to the customer. Today we look at transaction needs of customers, also in the attempt to customize the customer relationship as much as possible and to add value to the sales process itself. And direct marketing campaigns and sales strategies need to be in alignment of the overall budgeting of the organization. Sales and marketing management offer attractive job positions. Mastering the main tools and methods to develop appropriate sales and marketing strategy as well as a comprehensive and effective sales process is paramount to lead an organization to success. |
The course covers the basic knowledge about developing direct and interactive marketing strategies, how to develop a sales strategy according to the overall corporate and business strategy and financial goals of the firm and how to translate these into a suitable sales process. The course will mainly focus on B2B relationships and channel management. We will cover contemporary approaches to managing the customer relationship and explore tools and methods on how to create compelling customer experiences. Furthermore, the course will introduce and discuss concepts for interactive direct marketing and sales support activities. The course will have a consulting client, and students final exam/project will be a research project for this customer.
|Learning Outcomes||Upon completion of this course, students should be able to: |
– Comprehend and have a clear understanding of different contemporary interactive and direct marketing approaches;
– Comprehend and know how to develop an interactive/direct marketing strategy;
– Comprehend and have a clear understanding of the importance and impact of marketing and sales in the firm’s value chain and its financial impact;
– Know how to develop a sales strategy in B2C and B2B markets;
– Understand and analyze transaction needs of customers;
– Place in context and lend perspective to the creation of reliable and profitable customer relationships;
– Understand and know how to analyze and create customer experiences;
– Create a sales process compatible to the overall business strategy of the firm;
– Comprehend and have a clear understanding on channel management and especially on sales channels and their success factors.
|School||School of Business Administration (SBA)|
|Number of credits (US / ECTS)||3 US / 6 ECTS|