Jan Vašenda, Ph.D.
Jan joined AAU in the Fall of 2009 and has been working closely with the Academic Vice-Presidents on a range of academic and administrative matters since. Currently, he serves as the interim Dean of the School of Business Administration and the School of Law. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Economics in Prague (UEP). His dissertation focused mainly on quality assurance and measurement in higher education; and his Masters was in Economic Policy, with a minor in Business Valuation, also at UEP. He spent Fall 2014 as a visiting scholar at the Department of Economics at George Mason University. In his spare time, he is a big sports fan and enjoys playing basketball and tennis.
Higher Education Policy
Publications & Other Activities
- AYAN MUSIL, Pelin a Jan VAŠENDA. Party regulation in Turkey: a comparison with modern Europe. Turkish Studies. 2020, 21(1), 83-107. https://doi.org/10.1080/14683849.2018.1564623
- VAŠENDA, Jan. Visegrad Group countries compared through world university rankings. International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives. 2019, 18(3), 100-115. ISSN 1443-1475. https://openjournals.library.sydney.edu.au/index.php/IEJ/article/view/12786
- VAŠENDA, Jan. Investice do lidského kapitálu na příkladu českého vysokého školství [Human capital investments: the case of Czech higher education]. Business & IT. 2014, 4(2), 54-66. ISSN 1805-3777. http://bit.fsv.cvut.cz/issues/02-14/full_02-14_03.pdf
- VAŠENDA, Jan. Accreditation of Higher Education in the USA. Trade-off. 2020, 5(2), 68-71. http://trade-off.cz/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Kniha-Trade.off2_2020_www.pdf
- VAŠENDA, Jan. Interview with Thomas Archer Bata, great-grandson of Tomáš Baťa. Trade-off. 2020, 5(2), 41-45. http://trade-off.cz/clanky/interview-thomas-bata-grandad-always-taught-happiness-positivity-choice-life/