Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
The B.A. in Business Administration is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2017, the average class size in business undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
We know that you need more than a degree: you need education that prepares you for the real world. Therefore we offer a curriculum in management, market economy, accounting, finance, and marketing. It combines in-class theory with real world problem solving. You will master the written and verbal English skills necessary for international business, and develop qualitative as well as quantitative thinking. As our graduates, you will be prepared for the most competitive and dynamic jobs on the market. You will be able to manage your own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups.
“What I enjoy most about AAU is its diverse and engaging environment. The smaller class sizes allowed me to make meaningful connections with faculty members and students, and facilitated networking, which is extremely important in the business world, and has enabled me to seek out the right opportunities.”
Kristian Pankulych, Business student, Student of the Year 2017
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration can expect to:
- Have actionable knowledge of business and organizational theory and principles
- Solve complex and unpredictable organizational problems
- Be able to work independently, in teams, and in multicultural environments
- Manage complex technical and professional activities
Language Requirements for Studying at AAU
English proficiency at a level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). There are multiple tests that AAU recognizes as evidence of the B2 level proficiency, especially:
- TOEFL (iBT min. 71, PBT min. 525)
- IELTS (min. 6 – minimum of 5.5 in each subtest)
- FCE (min. C)
- CAE (min 160)
- BULATS (min. 60)
- City & Guilds – IESOL (Communicator)
- Pearson PTE (min. 59)
- IGCSE First Language English (C or better)
- IGCSE English as a Second Language (B or better)
- IB (English A or B at HL/SL)
For applicants who completed a high school or gained no less than 30 university credits in a country where English is the language of instruction, or are nationals of a country listed below, the requirement to prove English proficiency may be waived by the respective Dean.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
We commit ourselves to a personalized education model. In Spring 2017, the average class size in undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
Your Degree & After
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Bachelors degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the United States, per AAU's accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Bakalář (Bc.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title.
Our graduates are prepared for success in management, business advising, and as financial analysts, in the fields of Public Relations, Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex topics for international audiences.
Access to Master’s Studies
AAU graduates are sought after in master’s programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada and many other countries around the world.
For the course descriptions, please see the Online Course Catalog HERE
General Education Courses
- COM101 Composition I.
- COM102 Composition II.
- ECO120 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO110 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- LBS210 Introduction to Business Law
- CIS161 Computer Information Systems
- 1 course from “Humanities and Social Sciences” group
- 1 course from “Civilization” group
Program Required Courses
- CIS261 Business Information Systems
- MGT245 Introduction to Management
- MTH111 Business Mathematics I.
- MKT248 Introduction to Marketing
- MGT255 Business Ethics
- ACC233 Financial Accounting
- ACC263 Managerial Accounting
- FIN304 Corporate Finance
- MTH222 Business Statistics
Emphasis Required Courses
- MTH190 Business Mathematics II.
- MGT280 Project Management
- MGT357 Human Resources Management
- 2 courses from: MKT375 Marketing Research or MGT415 Operations Management or MTH250 Introduction to Econometrics
- 1 course from: MGT325 International Business or ECO300 International Economics or MKT318 International Marketing
- BUS349 Internship
- MGT430 Strategic Planning
- MGT435 Thesis Seminar
- 3 courses from “Business Elective” group
- 1 courses from “Non-Business Elective” group
*Instead of the MTH 111 + MTH 190 sequence, students may take MTH 190 + a quantitative course ofhigher level.
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their study by taking state exams (from management, economics, marketing and finance) and defending their thesis.
Exam and Assessment Regulation
AAU uses the U.S. grading and evaluation system complemented by the European Credit Transfer System (“ECTS”). For more information on assessment and related policies see the Study and Examination Code in the Academic Codex.
The B.A. in Business Administration program is accredited by the Czech Republic Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport thereby qualifying graduates to apply for master’s programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada and many other countries around the world.
AAU actively participates in the EU's Erasmus+ exchange program with over 30 European university partners and other study abroad programmes. Additional exchanges exist with universities in North America, Australia, and Asia. These exchanges enable students to partially complete their studies in another country. Ask the Dean for more information on what Erasmus+ and exchange opportunities might be available.
Internship & Mentoring
All students at AAU’s School of Business Administration are required to complete an internship credit. The Business Administration school and the Career Center offer assistance, advice and guidance to ensure that students are able to fulfill this requirement. Ask the Career Center Specialist for more information on what internship opportunities are currently available.
Required Application Documents
- English language exam certificate
- High School Diploma (only required after time of graduation)
- High School Transcript (current transcript upon application and final transcript upon graduation
- A copy of your passport
- A passport size photograph in colour
- A personal statement
- Consent to Making and Providing Copy of ID Card (Please fill this form and send it with the rest of your documents)
Please note: All documents should be in pdf formatting, named in accordance to the document content with your name included and sent as an attachment, not in the body of the email.
As soon as these documents are received and reviewed our Admissions team will be able to assist you with scheduling your Admissions interview with the Assistant Dean of the program you have applied.
If you are having trouble submitting any of the documents above, please let us know at [email protected]