Tuition & Financing
Tuition at AAU varies depending on the number of classes registered, the degree you are seeking, and the scholarships you may receive. Our internationally accredited programs are provided for only a fraction of the cost of similarly accredited programs around the world. As such, you can earn a fully accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree in three years instead of four. This is only possible because of the unique combination of European and US accreditation that AAU has, saving you a year of your life! In addition, our scholarships and payment plans make attending AAU possible for students from all over the world.
Unlike many other private universities, AAU is a not-for-profit, NGO institution meaning we reinvest every cent of your tuition into your education and the education of your peers!
General Tuition & Fees
|Program Type||Price per semester||Price Per degree|
|Undergraduate (BA) Students, who are EU nationals or Czech permanent residents||$4 430,89 / € 4 438,11 / CZK 109 000||$26 585,37 / € 26 628,66 / CZK 654 000|
|Undergraduate (BA) Non-EU students||$5 180,89 / € 5 189,33 / CZK 127 450||$31 085,37 / € 31 135,99 / CZK 764 700|
|Graduate (MA) Students, who are EU nationals or Czech permanent residents||$4 430,89 / € 4 438,11 / CZK 109 000||$17 723,58 / € 17 752,44 / CZK 436 000|
|Graduate (MA) Non-EU students||$5 180,89 / € 5 189,33 / CZK 127 450||$20 723,58 / € 20 757,33|
/ CZK 509 800
|MBA||$18 292,68 / € 18 322,48 / CZK 450 000|
* The above prices apply from Spring 2023 and for payments made after 1 October 2022.
*Prices may increase after 28 February 2023.
John H. Carey II School of Law Programs Tuition
Tuition for law programs delivered with the University of London have a separate structure and are split into two – the AAU tuition and UoL tuition.
|Certificate of Higher Education |
in Common Law (AAU Tuition)
|$ 11,932 / € 10,507 / CZK 257,250|
|LLB||$ 21,854 / € 19,252 / CZK 471,450|
|Certificate and LLB (AAU Tuition)||$ 26,729 / € 23,539 / CZK 576,450|
|Postgraduate Laws LLM (AAU + UoL Tuition)||$ 20,866 / € 18,375 / CZK 450,000|
For the University of London tuition fees for the Certificate of Higher Education in Common Law, please visit the University of London website here
For the University of London tuition fees for the Bachelor of Laws Program (LLB), please visit the University of London website here.
Auditing students can apply to AAU as an Auditing Student if you are planning to take specific courses for your own self-enrichment, without receiving a grade and academic credits. Auditing students pay 50 % of the base tuition for any chosen course.
Financial Policy & Supporting Documents
Financial Aid & Scholarships
A Merit-Based Scholarship is awarded to a student for excellent study results, fulfilling conditions set forth by the President and published in the Scholarship Policy.
Every term, AAU will disburse the Merit-Based Scholarship (5.0% of tuition revenues collected from degree-seeking students in the given term (MBS fund)). The MBS fund is created and disbursed separately at each school (with tuition revenues from Law students enrolled in the University of London programs reserved directly for the Law Scholarship fund). The MBS applies to AAU tuition. It does not apply to AAU fees.
AAU Degree Programs
The MBS is awarded to degree-seeking students in AAU degree programs who have completed at least 60 ECTS credits or 30 US credits at AAU and meet the following conditions:
– Students must have completed at least 5 courses for credit during their previous semester of which at least 4 courses must be taken in the previous obligatory term (i.e. Spring or Fall term).
(Note: The Fall semester consists of a Fall term and a Winter term; the Spring semester consists of a Spring term and a Summer term. That is, a student is eligible if they complete, for example, four courses in the Fall term and one in the Winter term.)
– Students must have no “Incomplete” grades, with the exception of the course if it was taken as the student’s 6th course during the previous semester.
– The student must not have elected to take any letter-grade courses on a pass/fail basis.
– Students returning from the exchange program must transfer all 5 courses in order to be eligible for the MBS the next term. It means that for example students transferring fewer than 5 courses (even if they have paid for 5 courses) are not eligible for the MBS because they do not meet a condition of 5 courses completed for credit during their previous semester.
– MBS is awarded to all courses registered in the given term (e. g. if a student takes 6 courses during fall or spring term, all 6 courses will be covered by the MBS).
– If a student returns from a leave of absence and is eligible for MBS based on their cumulative GPA prior the interruption of studies, they are eligible for MBS for the current semester (e.g. if a student is eligible after Spring 2021 semester, takes a leave of absence in Fall 2021, then they are eligible in Spring 2022).
– A students’ GPA is calculated cumulatively from the beginning of the studies in a program at AAU.
– The value of the scholarship is calculated within three weeks of the end of the add/drop period of the term to which the Merit-Based Scholarship applies.
– Students who register for courses in the next semester prior to the end of the current semester are assigned tuition that does not yet reflect the Merit-based Scholarship. Eligible students who have already paid tuition may elect to receive either a refund or tuition credit for future studies.
Criteria for disbursement of AAU Degree Programs MBS
– Top 2% of the students of the school = 100% of tuition awarded.
– Top 4% of the students of the school excluding those in the previous category = 50% of tuition awarded.
– Top 8% of the students of the school excluding those in the previous category = 25% of tuition awarded.
– Remaining students of the school in order of GPA until the MBS fund is exhausted = 10% of tuition awarded.
Law Scholarship Fund for LLB and Certificate programs
Every year, AAU will disburse 5% of AAU tuition revenues from Law students enrolled in the University of London LLB and CertHE programs at AAU. This will be placed into the Law Scholarship Fund, which is an MBS for Law Students. The Law Scholarship Fund for Law Students (LLB and CertHE) will be based only on their University of London (UOL) examination marks. MBS can only be awarded to LLB and Certificate students who completed 5 year-long courses (or an equivalent combination of the semester and year-long courses) for credit during their previous active academic year at AAU. The MBS will be awarded for the whole academic year at its beginning and applies to all courses taken in the given academic year.
– Law students must have received at least two UOL examination results in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
– The calculated average will be cumulative, covering all UOL examination marks the students have earned in their studies as of August of the relevant following academic year.
-The Law Student Scholarships will be calculated after the May/June examination results are in (generally in August following the examinations) and will be applied to the following academic year. (Ie., May/June 2022 examination results are released in August 2022). The Scholarship will be calculated based on all examination results that the student has earned as of August 2022 and will be applied to the 2022/23 Academic Year – Fall & Spring semesters. The October 2022 examination results will only be considered when determining the 2023/24 and subsequent academic years).
– The fund for the Law Student Scholarships will be distributed to those two (2) students, according to the criteria below, across both the Fall and Spring semesters for the academic year in which the Scholarship is applied. In the event that there are remaining funds that exceed the top two (2) students’ tuition fees for the academic year, then the remaining funds will be distributed to the student with the third-highest average examination marks.
Criteria for disbursement of Law Scholarships
– Student with the highest average examination marks from the previous UOL examinations (all examinations taken before August of the current Academic Year). A minimum of 2 UOL examination marks are required to be eligible = 60% of the Law Scholarship Fund
– Student with the second highest average examination marks from the previous UOL examinations (all examinations taken before August of the current Academic Year). A minimum of 2 UOL examination marks are required to be eligible = 40% of the Law Scholarship Fund
– In the event that there are any remaining funds after the first and second students have had all tuition for that academic year covered by their awards, then the surplus will be awarded to the student with the third highest average examination marks from the previous UOL examinations (all examinations taken before August of the current Academic Year). A minimum of 2 UOL examination marks are required to be eligible) = Any remaining funds.
Click here to read AAU’s Scholarship Policy.
All current students and alumni of AAU have the opportunity to earn up to USD 500 for each full-time* degree-seeking student who enrolls at AAU based on their recommendation. This includes friends, family members, or even strangers who discovered AAU through our students or/and their social media platforms! The earned amount can be used to finance studies at AAU or redeemed for purchases on Amazon (Amazon.com, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.uk).
To qualify for this gift, students/alumni will need to meet the following requirements:
1. You have completed at least one semester at AAU or have graduated from AAU
2. The recommended student must include your full name and student ID in the “Recruiter” or “How did you hear about AAU” sections of the Application Form
Once the Add/Drop Period concludes for the recommended student’s registered courses, you will have the choice to either apply the gift amount towards tuition payment or receive a voucher.
*Please note that if a recommended student registers for fewer than five classes, the gift amount will be reduced by USD 100 for each dropped class.
For more information, feel free to contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
We deeply appreciate all the students and alumni who have recommended AAU. Your support has been invaluable in helping us grow and thrive as a community. Thank you!
Deadline: November 15, 2023
Open to: Ukrainian citizens displaced due to the war in Ukraine residing in the Czech Republic.
For the second year in a row, we are pleased to open the call for the Ukraine Scholarship, designed to support Ukrainian citizens displaced due to the war in Ukraine and currently residing in the Czech Republic. Anglo-American University will cover full tuition and fees for an AAU undergraduate or graduate program of standard length. Odyssey 44 will additionally generously cover AAU housing expenses and offer monthly allowance to the selected students. The Odyssey 44 – AAU Scholarship awarded will be in the sum of 17,2 million CZK. One new student will receive this prestigious scholarship for Spring 2024 semester.
The scholarship is available for both undergraduate and graduate programs at AAU, starting in theemester of 2024. For undergraduate programs, it covers the first 90 US credit hours attempted and up to three years of study, while for graduate programs, it covers the first 60 US credit hours attempted and up to two years of study. Please note that this scholarship is exclusively open to new incoming students.
To be eligible for Ukraine Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
— Complete the full AAU application* here. Application fee will be waived for all applicants
— The following documents are required:
1. High School Diploma** – Please ensure that the Ukrainian diploma incluses the ZNO/NMT state examination passed.
2. High School Transcript**
3. English Language Proficiency
– Undergraduate Studies: IELTS – 6.0; or TOEFL – (ibt 71 or pbt 525) or an equivalent proven level of English proficiency listed here
5. Personal Statement – here you can find the questions which you need to address
6. Copy of Passport/ID
8. Transferring students must also submit their current university transcript
9. Confirmation of permit to reside in the Czech Republic (Temporary Protection Visa). This document should confirm your date of entrance into the Czech Republic, which must be no earlier than February 24th, 2022. Please send it to our Admissions Counselor Katerina Fundova at email@example.com
10. Hardship Statement – Provide a statement of 400 to 700 words explaining your personal hardship situation related to the war in Ukraine.
11. Financial Support Request Form – Please access the form here. This form must be completed prior to reaching the interview stage of the application.
* Master program applicants have different requirements that can be found here
** If documents are not in Czech or English, please have them translated by an official translator into either of these languages.
After submitting all the required documents, you will undergo an interview with the Dean’s Office of the respective school you applied to. The interview may be conducted in person or via Skype.
Failure to submit any of the required documents, the application form, or the Financial Support Request Form will disqualify you from proceeding to the interview stage. However, the application fee will be waived for all, regardless of the outcome.
By November 30th, 2023, the AAU Ukrainian Scholarship Selection Committee will select one candidate for the scholarship. For any questions, clarifications, and detailed scholarship agreement that you need to follow during your studies, please reach out to Katerina Fundova, the main contact person for the Ukraine Scholarship, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The scholarship places have been filled and no further applications will be accepted at this time.
Open to: Afghan citizens evacuated from Afghanistan in August 2021, who are part of the Governmental Integration Program of the Czech Republic.
Scholarship: full tuition and fees
Anglo-American University offers two full scholarship opportunities for Afghan refugees who were evacuated from Afghanistan and settled in the Czech Republic this August. The scholarships will cover the tuition and fees for an entire AAU degree program and a flat support allowance of 60 000 CZK for additional expenses.
To be eligible for the Afghan Refugee Scholarship, applicants are required to have English Proficiency:
IELTS – 6.0; or TOEFL – (ibt 71 or pbt 525)
How to Apply
In order to apply, please fill the online application form or visit our Admissions Office in person. As a part of the application, please submit the following via e-mail at: email@example.com or in person:
Essay responding to one of the following topics (minimum 1000 words):
1. Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
2. What would you say is your greatest talent? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?
3. Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. What have you learned from the experience?
Copy of Passport/ID
Diploma and transcript from last completed educational level (if available)
Once all the documents are submitted, AAU will confirm the applicant’s status within the Governmental Integration Program and compliance with the eligibility criteria and the selection process will continue with an interview with the dean of the school applied to. This takes place either in person or via Skype. The application fee will be waived for all (also unsuccessful) applicants)
Following this, the AAU Academic Committee selects 2 candidates for the scholarship.
Anglo-American University offers scholarships to graduates of any programs of Anglo-American University, Anglo-American College, The New Anglo-American College in Prague, and Anglo-American Institute of Liberal Studies. Alumni scholarships apply to any further programs of study as well as to any individual courses. Alumni Scholarships apply to the first year of study only and are based on your previous cumulative GPA at AAU.
All Alumni (except MBA)
Cumulative GPA & Scholarship Level
3.8 and higher – 40%
3.5 – 3.79 – 30%
3.0 – 3.40 – 20%
Anglo-American University rewards the most committed students of the BA Journalism program for their contributions to the AAU student newspaper Lennon Wall.
For each academic year, the scholarship covers the tuition of the program’s 4 (four) core courses, including but not limited to: Reporting I & II, Media in a Democracy, Digital Tools for New Media, Visual Culture, Popular Culture & Media Theory.
After being awarded the scholarship, the student(s) automatically become a member of the editorial team and continue to contribute to the magazine for the following academic year. The scholarship may be divided among more than one student based on their contribution in the past and future.
Candidates for the Milena Jesenská Journalism Scholarship must be currently enrolled in or have successfully completed the degree program’s required courses Reporting I and Reporting II. In terms of contribution to the student magazine named Lennon Wall (both print and online), candidates are identified most importantly by:
their quality of writing articles
other contributions such as management, photography, proofreading, graphic design, social media, and website
Winners of the scholarship should not have significant internship/job responsibilities with other outside or on-campus organizations, because of the time commitment required for Lennon Wall responsibilities. Especially, to avoid conflict of interest, winners should not also be interning for or employed by the AAU Marketing Department.
The scholarship must be applied for in writing and submitted to Tony Ozuna, Art Director, by June 1st of the relevant academic year. The winner(s) are chosen by the Dean, the current Editor-in-Chief, and Journalism faculty, including the lecturers for the required Introduction to Reporting classes.
The Accommodation Scholarship is granted by the Ministry of Education Youth and Sports (hereinafter Ministry). It may be awarded to students who fulfill the following conditions:
study in a program accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports;
study in their first degree program in the Czech Republic or transferred to AAU from a program studied in the Czech Republic and their previous study was recognized; if they simultaneously study at another program in the Czech Republic, they are eligible for accommodation scholarship in the program in which they enrolled earlier;
did not exceed the standard period of study of 3 years for BA programs, and 2 years for MA programs; (d) do not have permanent residence in the capital city of Prague.
The scholarship will be awarded separately each year for the period of:
January – June
September – December
Should a student terminate or interrupt the study, the scholarship will not be paid for the month(s) following the date of termination/interruption. The scholarship can be paid as a lump sum in cash, or counted as a tuition credit for future studies. The amount is CZK 540 per month.
Every semester, the Student Services Specialists will send out emails to students reminding them to apply for the scholarship. Students can fill out the form enclosed with the email and confirm that they fulfill all the requirements set forth by the Ministry and AAU. If a student is found eligible for the scholarship, he/she will be notified via email by the end of the semester at the latest.
The Anglo-American University Emergency Student Fund was established in 2022 through the fundraising of Letenská Life Independent School Magazine. The fund was created with the money collected through the purchase of bookmarks and stickers by members of the AAU community as well as an anonymous donor. The anonymous donor contributed 50,000 CZK, and the student fundraiser collected 10,000 CZK from sales from their funding. The fund will be allocated based on the needs of the requesting students and the criteria described below. The fund will increase finances as more fundraisers and donors contribute throughout the year and will be present throughout the future of AAU
See guidelines for more information.
Please apply here.
AAU’s Federal School Code is 039935 for 529 Plans only.