Graduate Nostrification Instructions
Recognition of Foreign University Diplomas
In accordance with Act. No 111/1998 Coll. on Higher Education Institutions, prospective students aiming to study the degree program at Anglo-American University in Prague also within the Czech accreditation must also provide a certificate of recognition of their university education completed abroad.
The recognition is the process of having previous education recognized by Czech authorities and is part of the process required for studying in the Czech Republic in a Czech-accredited program (or dual-accredited program at AAU).
This process applies to all students who want to pursue a Czech-accredited degree and who do not have one of these university diplomas: Czech, German, Hungarian, or Polish University Diploma, or Slovak University Diploma (with the exception of diplomas issued by Czech branches of Slovak universities after 28 March 2015), or Slovenian Master’s diploma.
If you are a holder of one of the above listed diplomas, you may be admitted within the Czech accreditation after submitting originals or notary verified copies of the diploma and transcript. If you do not hold them, you may be admitted within the Czech accreditation only after submitting the certificate of recognition (an original or a notary verified copy).
The certificate of recognition is issued by Czech public universities that offer a degree program with similar content to the one you completed. You are free to choose any relevant Czech public university.
Official recognition information from Multicultural Center
1. Gather all required documents:
- Completed application form (The application form is available on the website of the university through which you are applying for recognition)
- Legalized diploma, transcript and diploma supplement (notary, apostille, or superlegalization – based on the country where your diploma was issued, see the list of requirements for each country here
- Proof that the school which issued your diploma is integrated in the education system of your country (Generally, this is apparent from the diploma, transcript or diploma supplement. In case that it is not clear from the document, please ask the ministry of education in your country for the certificate that your school is accredited within your country’s educational system.)
2. AAU recommends submitting certified copies rather than originals. As such, please make sure to have your legalized documents, notary-verified in the Czech Republic.
3. Have the legalized and notary-verified documents translated into the Czech language by a registered court translator.
- Please select the option “Tlumočník” (translator)
- Choose “Jazyk” (language) – selecting the language from which they need to be translated
- Choose “Hlavní Město Praha” under “Kraj” (region) to be able to see the certified court translators only in the Prague region
- Confirm with “Hledat Záznamy” to search through available records
4. Submit all required documents to the public university which is going to complete your recognition. Please make sure to contact the public university before submitting it.
AAU students who want professional assistance with recognition of prior education may contact Foreigners.cz. AAU students will receive a 10% discount for their services.
In case of any questions please contact email@example.com