Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
Helping you deal with the challenges of university life
“My depression and anxiety started some time before I came to university, but leaving home, being in an extremely taxing social environment and being under large academic pressure all took their toll on me", said one student in an article on the Guardian.
If you ever feel lonely, depressed or stressed over a prolonged period of time, know that you are not alone. Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of and AAU offers help.
Psychological counseling is available for free to all AAU students, faculty and staff throughout the main semesters (Spring and Fall). It is provided in English by Dr. Ivana Schmidtová, an experienced psychologist.
The counselor can help you:
- identify your strengths and weaknesses, learning style, values and motivation,
- address concerns about your concentration, productivity, time management, and social interactions,
- provide support in planning your personal development and professional career.
- offer counseling for mental health concerns, such as transitional and adjustment issues, issues interfering with study/work or relationships, crisis management, stress, anxiety, depression or grief, at risk behaviors with food, alcohol and/or other substances, sexual concerns, etc.
Full personal data protection and confidentiality are guaranteed. The counselor will not share any information about you with your parents, faculty, or deans without your consent.
- Service availability: September 3rd - December 17th, 2018 / February 4th - May 27th, 2019
- Office: Anglo-American University, Letenska 5 – room 4.10
- Contact: [email protected]
It is strongly recommended to arrange appointments by email. Alternatively, you can make appointments in person on Mondays between 10.00–10.30 a.m.