Online Classes from Monday, September 21st, 2020
Following an announcement earlier today by the Mayor of Prague and the Prague Public Health Office, AAU confirms that virtual classroom instruction will begin on Monday, September 21st and continue online until October 31st at the minimum.
The COVID-19 situation in the Czech Republic is rapidly changing and we will do our best to keep our community informed of the latest government recommendations and regulations.
How classes will work:
- AAU will use Microsoft Teams and NEO. Students and faculty should already have their credentials in their official AAU email.
- Classes will run at the normally scheduled day and time, only virtually via MS Teams instead of in the classroom. The normal face-to-face class time may be reduced in favor of interactive assignments.
- The specific way that your classes will run will depend on the instructor and the subject matter. Some examples may include: assigned readings with discussion questions or a written assignment; live streaming videos of lectures at the scheduled class time; recorded lectures with home assignments; PowerPoint slides with voice narration, etc.
- Faculty will continue to take attendance and the normal attendance policy still applies.
What you need to do:
- Make a plan for when, where and how you will attend your classes. Do you have a reliable internet connection and a backup plan? Will you use your phone, laptop, tablet? Do you have a quiet place where you can do your schoolwork where you won’t be interrupted?
- Check your email for your NEO and Microsoft Teams credentials and download the Microsoft Teams app or plan to use your web browser. For IT support please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read your AAU email carefully for instructions from your teachers and AAU’s IT department.
Also keep in mind…
For more useful info visit…