|This course presents an overview of psychological approaches, methods, tools and resources enabling students to obtain knowledge and skills needed to be an effective manager and leader in the current business environment. It provides students with the comprehensive background in the application of psychology in the workplace, with the focus on development of practical skills and constant reference to the real life situations and issues. Students will understand concepts of general psychology and various applied psychological and managerial topics related to the individual, group and organizational behavior, such as personality characteristics and measurement, cognitive and learning styles, emotional intelligence, motivation, decision making, effective communication, presentation skills, leadership styles, teamwork, negotiation, conflict resolution, organizational culture and change, psychological aspects of human resources management, coaching, etc.
|Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
– Understand fundamentals of psychology and basic psychological theories related to the practical execution of management and leadership;
– Understand the unique character of personality, use tools to identify and measure different personality types and apply the knowledge in people management;
– Understand and apply relevant concepts of intelligence, abilities, emotions, communication, decision making, creativity, and coaching to improve interpersonal skills;
– Understand and apply relevant theories of motivation to the management of people in organizations;
– Understand and manage individual, group and organizational behavior using effective human resources tools and practices;
– Apply psychological principles and knowledge in the areas of recruitment & selection, training & development, performance appraisal, rewards, retention, conflict resolution, communication, coaching etc.;
– Understand the importance of values and ethics for creating the strong company culture;
– Identify intercultural differences and understand their relevance to managers and employees in work organizations especially in a global economy.
|School of Business Administration (SBA)
|Number of credits (US / ECTS)
|3 US / 6 ECTS