Elementary Spanish I
|Course Name||Elementary Spanish I|
|Description||The purpose of this course is to provide students with the necessary tools in order to communicate in written and oral form and to complete the level A1.1 of Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). This course has been designed for absolute beginners in Spanish. The course main objectives are to: |
−Introduce students to the language of the Spanish speaking countries; −Promote the development of students’ communicative competence of oral and written Spanish;
−Develop students’ intercultural competence and understanding.
|Learning Outcomes||Upon completion of this course, students should be able to: |
– Understand and use very elementary vocabulary and phrases to satisfy basic needs;
– Interact using everyday expressions in basic formal and informal situations;
– Introduce themselves and others and provide personal information such as nationality, age and preferences;
– Understand and fill in basic forms, as well as understand and write short texts such as postcards or letters;
– Interact with others in a simple manner provided a sympathetic speech partner who, speak slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
|School||The School of International Relations and Diplomacy (IRD)|
|Level||Bachelor / Master|
|Number of credits (US / ECTS)||3 US / 6 ECTS|