Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
Connecting You with Your Professional Future
At AAU, we offer excellent internships based on our students’ particular majors. Through well-kept relationships, our company database is constantly growing and provides students with a wide range of professional directions to follow.
We work hard to ensure that students have maximum exposure to working professionals, entrepreneurs, agencies, and non-profits as well as small businesses and corporate culture. In this way, you can maximize your opportunities to succeed!
Our Student Life & Career Center Specialist, Iveta Morávková, is a trained professional who can assist you in a variety of areas:
Why do an internship? For some students, an internship is the ultimate way to explore a career. For others, an internship is a great way to gain relevant experience that will make them a stronger candidate for employment after graduation. It is a significant connection between academic studies and work experience.
Throughout their internships, students can gain valuable insight into what they can expect and experience within the fields of their study. Therefore, AAU supports all of its students and helps them find placements most suited to their unique goals. AAU's required internship course also includes a career workshop that prepares you for the initial and crucial steps in any internship or job search.
Please see below for links that will help you to begin the internship course process.
Internship syllabus – A specifically designed work experience course suited to your field of study.
Internship packet – Comprehensive information to help you easily complete your internship application.
Database for student internships – A detailed overview of companies offering internships and their requirements of interns.
The Career Center strives to offer students opportunities that will enhance their educational and professional experiences. Take advantage of the opportunities offered by visiting the links below, which can help you begin preparing for you career seeking process. As part of the required internship course, AAU's Career Center also holds career workshops which enhance students' skills namely in interviewing and building their CVs.
- CV and cover letter writing skills – Gain a better understanding of how to effectively promote yourself by looking at our CV template, Europass template and an overview of general CV writing principles.
- Interviewing techniques – A comprehensive look at the dos and don’ts when facing a job interview.
Whether students are searching for a paid job or unpaid internship experience, the Career Center is here to help. We offer guidance on how to obtain a job, what job may be right for you, and how to improve your educational experience through work. Students are welcome to look through opportunities that the Career Center offers, as well as look at which companies have professional partnerships with AAU.
- Internships – Applicants may choose from a wide variety of companies to get the most from their introduction into the professional world.
- Part-time jobs – Combine work and study with a choice of part-time working opportunities.
- Career expos – Unsure about which direction you would like to take after university? Attend our annual Career Expo to help you decide.
- Partners – AAU is proud to count many successful international and local companies and organizations among its partners. Follow the link to explore some of the companies where AAU students have completed their internships, or which have cooperated with AAU in other ways.
Some lessons cannot be taught in a classroom but only through professional and real world experiences. The Mentorship Hub bridges that gap by connecting students and young graduates with experienced alumni and members of the AAU community who can share the challenges, successes and cross roads they faced on their career paths, and offer their advice in this ever diversifying career world.
Who can participate?Mentees…
Any AAU student or graduate who is seeking advice or insight in a particular professional field or about their career path is welcomed to register to be a mentee.
Any AAU alumni or community member may be a mentor with over two years professional experience (or by special invitation) who wants to give back to the AAU community. There is no fixed commitment, and AAU will oversee and assist relations between mentors and mentees as requested. Mentees and mentors do not have to be in Prague to participate.
How can you start?Mentees…
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to further discuss the opportunity or sign up directly here. We will then review our list of mentors and discuss with you whowouldbethebest suited mentor(s) for your needs and put you in contact with them.
Contact email@example.com to further discuss the opportunity or sign up directly here.. We will then put you in contact with an AAU mentee once we find a suited one for you.
What can you talk about? Here are just a few ideas…
- What particular industries are really like from the inside and if you are really interested in the reality of the day to day work
- What other similar industries there may be around it
- How to optimize your CV
- How to plan your last semester(s) at AAU from thesis topics to course selections
- Where and how to find the best internship or entry position opportunities
- How to connect your existing experiences and skills into a strategy to achieve your long term goals
- What the special tips and tricks to the industry are
- If your degree, skills, and goals are right for the industry