Disability Support Services
Whether you are a full-time, degree-seeking student, a visiting student or a study abroad student, AAU’s Disability Support Services is here to assist you. Our goal is to provide equal access and opportunity while promoting self-determination.
Applying for Services
Students seeking disability accommodations should:
- Complete the Student Academic Accommodations Request Form
- Provide diagnostic documentation of their accessibility needs, disability, diagnosis, or condition. Depending on the individual’s accessibility needs, documentation can be submitted from a medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, neuropsychologist, school psychologist or other professional diagnostician. If a disability is apparent and the need for accommodations can be easily established, documentation may not be needed.
- Submit the completed form and documentation to the Dean of Students, Mgr. Kateřina Vanová (email@example.com).
- Reasonable accommodations are determined through information presented by the student, evaluation of access barriers in environments, and consultation with academic course/program staff.
- Notifications of approved accommodations are distributed to student and faculty via email prior to the start of each term.
- Students are responsible to engage in ongoing communication and interactions with AAU staff as needed for activated accommodations.
If you are already registered with DSS and need to request your Notice of Accommodations for the current or upcoming term, please contact Kateřina Vanová at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disability Accommodation for Job Applicants and Employees
Requests for workplace accommodations for job applicants and AAU employees should be made to the Human Resources Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please keep in mind that AAU is not required to lower quality of instruction or academic standards to make an accommodation; nor is an AAU obligated to provide personal assistants, or personal use items such as glasses or hearing aids.