A Memorandum of Understanding will be signed between Anglo-American University (AAU) and Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.

You are cordially invited to this ceremony. Ambassador of Kingdom of Thailand H.E. Mr. Narong Sasitorn will take part at this ceremony.

About Chulalongkorn University

Thailand’s first institution of higher learning officially came into being in March 1917. The groundwork and preparation, however, took place more than a century ago. The worldwide economic, social and political changes in the late nineteenth century contributed to Siam’s decision to adapt in order to avoid being colonized by Western powers (“Siam”became “Thailand” in the year 1939). Thus, King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) introduced a royal policy to strengthen and improve the government so the country could successfully resist this tide of colonialism. One of the major parts of this policy was to improve the Siamese educational system to produce capable personnel to work in both the public and private sectors. As a result, a school was founded in 1871 at the Royal Pages Barracks within the Grand Palace compound. Later, in 1882, King Chulalongkorn developed this school and gave it the name “Suankularb”. In the same year, the King also established other schools, the Army Cadet School, the Cartographic School, the School for Princes and the School for Dhamma Studies.

Chulalongkorn University is composed of 19 faculties, 23 colleges and research institutes. Currently there are over 38,000 students including 24,951 undergraduates, 13,391 postgraduates (10,881 in the Master’s Degree and 2,150 in the Doctoral Degree programs) and 2,800 faculty members.