True Colors – How to read facial expressions?
Emotional Skills and Competencies (EsaC), a Paul Ekman International certified course
|Date||- - -|
AAU Academy Brochure
Please submit your details in order to receive the AAU Academy Bochure via email.
The Emotional Skills and Competencies course will give you the tools, techniques, and approaches to become the master of your emotions and ensure that they are working for you, and not against you. You will develop your behaviour analysis abilities and enhance your skills in reading others through non-verbal cues.
You will learn how to use this advanced competency to gain deeper insights into the thoughts and feeling of those you interact with and aid you in building constructive and positive relationships.
- You will understand the psychology of emotions: how they are triggered, how they affect your behavior, cognition and physiology of your body
- You will learn how to manage your behavior while affected with emotion (e.g. anger) and avoid regrettable episodes
- You will enhance your ability to spot reliable non-verbal clues of others’ emotions: even subtle ones or those others are attempting to hide
The workshop combines lecture sessions, discussions, model exercises and tests. It uses a combination of in-class learning, with interaction between participants and the lecturer, with work on a modern online platform which supplements classes and enables cooperation between individuals and teams.
Schedule and Course Content
For a detailed course schedule and content, please download the Course Outline.
- Emotional Intelligence Framework
- Types of primary emotions and how they affect cognition and behaviour
- Emotional triggers and timeline of emotional reaction
- Emotional management strategies
- Expressions of emotions in human face (macro-, subtle- and microexpressions)
- Video analysis
- Emotional conversation
AAU Academy Instructor, Personal Advancement Courses
Psychologist, HR Consultant
Jan Ženatý is a passionate speaker and a Paul Ekman International approved trainer of Emotional skills and Evaluating credibility. He has eight years of experience with individual and team coaching, soft-skills training, and facilitating assessment and development centers. Jan is also a certified instructor of Firewalking empowerment trainings. He specializes in developing and delivering complex HR solutions such as talent programs, managerial academies, T3, and other long-term coaching-approach-based development and change projects.
See what our students have to say
We do almost all of our projects in small international teams, and we work together like we would in a business company and synergize our different ideas. There's flexibilities to meet with teachers outside of class, and ask them questions, not just specifically things we learn in the class.
Business Administration, United States of America
AAU makes networking incredibly easy to do. I was able to participate in various events that don't necessarily connect to my coursework like conferences, literature festivals, debates, lectures, etc. When I was President of the Diplomatic Club, AAU helped me get in touch with event-organizers, which, for example, allowed us to host an event during the Festival of Democracy organized by the famous Forum 2000 conference.
Business Administration, Russian Federation