Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
The Student Council is a group of students elected through university-wide elections as representatives of the student body. We are committed to improving the environment of the Anglo-American University, both academically and non-academically.
Specifically, members of the SC:
- secure student representation in university governance. That means, the SC is a voice for students;
- initiate, coordinate, support and guide student efforts, activities and initiatives aimed at improving student life.
- organize and supervise various student activities including AAU clubs;
- organize various student activities such as Spirit Week, Annual Ball, Awards Ceremony, trips around the Czech Republic and also abroad;
- keep the students informed of relevant issues that affect their studies and status at AAU;
- maintain effective communication and relations within AAU (serving as mediators between the students, the faculty and the school administration) and with the external communities;
- provide opportunities to develop student leadership qualities;
- ensure fair and democratic operations of this body;
- promote integrity and ethical behavior within the AAU community;
- help new students adjust to the student environment.
Current members of the Student Council:
- President: Michael Kacarevic
- Vice President: Joey Petrila
- Secretary: Tijana Zerajic
- Treasurer: Stefan Fiedler
- Club Coordinator: Mateja Zerajic
- PR & Communications Managers: Jovan Markovic & Ana Aleksashova
- Events Coordinator: Maia Larose Saldana
- Event Assistants: Oscar Scoppa & Oscar Iwuama
Who can run for office?
All students currently registered in a course of study as degree-seeking, study abroad, or exchange students who are in good academic standing (GPA>2).If you’re interested in joining the Student Council, please contact the Student Life Office.
For more information regarding the Student Council, visit: