COVID-19 Information & Resources
AAU is a global university with students, faculty, and staff from all over the world and our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our community. As such we are monitoring the situation as it develops. Check back here for the latest updates, news, and resources.
- All students who test positive or have questions about AAU’s COVID-19 requirements or plan should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All faculty and staff who test positive or have questions about AAU’s COVID-19 requirements or plan should email email@example.com.
- All members of the AAU community with questions related to COVID-19 campus measures please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Classes and Exams
Spring 2021 Classes
Due to the Czech Republic being at the highest COVID alert status, AAU will continue with virtual classes in Spring 2021 and will return to in-person classes only when and if it is allowed by the Czech government.
- Virtual classes will be available for the entire semester for any student who is not able to or chooses not to come to Prague.
- AAU will contact students right away if conditions change.
- If students have not yet registered for classes for the Spring 2021 Semester they should contact the Assistant Dean of their School of Study right away.
- AAU’s default format of instruction is on-site learning. However, in order to offer flexible learning options with regards to the ongoing pandemic, AAU has also developed a virtual learning methodology.
- All students have received login credentials and other information from the AAU IT department in order to access the NEO e-learning portal and the MS Teams communication platform. Students also have access to Online Orientation on MS Teams that provides useful resources and information on getting started at AAU and virtual learning.
January and February 2021 graduation examinations at Anglo-American University will be online and the public access required by law is ensured. If any representative of the public is interested in being present at a graduation examination, please contact the Assistant Dean of the relevant school of study to obtain a link to the relevant online meeting.
Campus Operations & Hygiene
The following measures reflect Czech Government requirements as well as global best practices in Higher Education regarding COVID-19:
- Face masks are obligatory for everyone and everywhere at the AAU campus, including classrooms, offices, and corridors, excluding the courtyard. Additional face masks and face shields are available at the AAU reception.
- Physical barriers (plexiglass) will be in place at the most visited places on campus: Reception, Bursar’s office, Library, Admissions, Student Services, Library.
- Every person entering the AAU campus is expected to use hand sanitizer from one of the hand sanitizer stations placed on campus.
- Everyday disinfection of door handles, water dispensers, keyboards, tables, classroom chairs, and other high-touch surfaces will be done by AAU as well as additional deep cleaning throughout the semester.
- Every person entering the AAU campus (first entry of the day) is expected to have their temperature measured by a contactless thermometer, which will be installed on AAU campus. Those with a body temperature of more than 38 Celsius must leave the AAU campus immediately and should contact their medical doctor for further instructions. See below for detailed reporting duties and procedures.
Testing & Reporting Procedures
- AAU requires students, faculty and staff to report to AAU:
- If they have arrived in the Czech Republic from abroad.
- Their COVID-19 test result if they were required to undergo a COVID-19 test according to Czech Government regulations
- If they have been in contact with persons who have tested COVID-positive, who show COVID-19 symptoms or have arrived from “red zone countries”
- If they have COVID-19 symptoms and therefore are in self-quarantine and/or in contact with a medical doctor and/or the respective hygienic station
- AAU offers students, faculty and staff, who report COVID-19 symptoms or are under the legal obligations to undergo a COVID-19 test, assistance with the communication with medical professionals and the respective hygienic stations. See below for important contacts.
- AAU recommends that its permanent faculty and staff undergo a standard COVID-19 test if they have symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This COVID-19 testing is voluntary. AAU will refund permanent faculty and staff members for one monthly COVID-19 test if testing is called for by the circumstances (symptoms, doctor’s recommendation) when provided a receipt from the testing center.
- If a student, faculty or staff member has reported that he/she has tested positive for COVID-19, AAU will undertake respective measures concerning other AAU community members, following the instructions of the respective hygienic station, which might include quarantine or a COVID-19 test from classroom peers, involved faculty and staff of the student, faculty or staff member, who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Support Available for Current Students
AAU’s Psychological Counseling will continue to be available for free to all AAU students, faculty, and staff with appointments conducted virtually during the COVID-19 school closure period. Counseling is provided in English by Dr. Désirée Gonzalo, a clinical psychologist.
For more detailed information regarding AAU’s Psychological Counseling services or to make an appointment please email email@example.com.
A collective of AAU Faculty, Administration and Students collaborating to create a more effective online classroom experience. Their aim is to:
– Provide on-going assistance to AAU faculty in implementing and improving online course instruction for the rest of the semester.
-Recommend instructional tools to enhance the virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams) and NEO experience
-Communicate with faculty regarding reminders, questions, concerns, or procedures using appropriate offices and channels (e.g. IT, VPAQ)
Administrative Members: Richard Olehla
Student Members: Elizabeth Miezejeski and Benjamin Rutledge
Need extra support or would like to provide feedback about your virtual instruction experience? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A collective of AAU staff and faculty that are assigned to individual students to check in on periodically via email in case they may need support.
Are you an AAU student who would like to have a check-in from a member of the Student Support Squad? Email: email@example.com
Medical Resources for Students
AAU follows all directives from the Czech government regarding testing, quarantine, and notification. Right now several facilities are designated testing centers and the Czech Republic, and Prague in particular has medical facilities and hospitals equipped to handle COVID-19 patients.
At the link below you will find the most up-to-date information in English from the Czech Government regarding current restrictive measures, vaccination locations, and other useful COVID-related info.
AAU recommends the following medical facilities with English-speaking staff: