Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
The B.A. in Business Administration: Strategic Marketing Emphasis is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2017, the average class size in business undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
We have designed a unique program that emphasizes the skills, concepts and language of Strategic Marketing. You will learn the logic of strategic marketing, and to appropriately use and modify quantitative and qualitative methods for market data analysis and make strategic marketing decisions. For the best advantage in a global, online, and fast-paced market economy, you will develop a portfolio of business administration skills and working knowledge in economics, management, finance and marketing. You will also master the written and verbal English skills necessary for international business.
“The thing I like most about AAU is definitely the cozy atmosphere of the university. Thanks to the small amount of students in the classes, it's pretty easy to meet new people. The location of the campus is really good. Really close to the strict city center and located in marvellous building.”
Maciej Churas, Business student, Participant in Exchange Program to South Korea
Graduates of the Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning program can expect to:
- Have actionable knowledge of business and organizational theory and principles
- Develop effective marketing and communications strategies
- Use best practices in social networking and internet technologies in general
- Understand the craft and design of a marketing campaign from a design and management perspective
- Recognize sociological and political concepts where they interact with strategic and intercultural communications
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English; our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences
The Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning is offered as a full time study program.
Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
We commit ourselves to a personalized education model. In Spring 2017, the average class size in undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
Your Degree & After
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Bachelors degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the United States, per AAU's accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Bakalář (Bc.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title.
Our graduates are prepared for success in analyst and management positions in marketing and strategic marketing for international businesses, especially where strong, professional English skills are required.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex topics for international audiences.
Access to Master’s Studies
Our business administration school encourages all graduates to continue their studies at a master’s level. All bachelor’s graduates are qualified to attend master’s level programs at AAU, such as the M.A. in Business Law in International Markets and MBA programs, or at other universities in the Czech Republic, European Union, United States, Canada, and many others.
For the course descriptions, please see the Online Course Catalog HERE
General Education Courses
- CIS161 Computer Information Systems
- COM101 Composition I.
- COM102 Composition II.
- ECO120 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO110 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- LBS210 Introduction to Business Law
Program Required Courses
- CIS261 Business Information Systems
- MGT245 Introduction to Management
- MTH111 Business Mathematics I.
- MKT248 Introduction to Marketing
- MGT255 Business Ethics
- ACC233 Financial Accounting
- ACC263 Managerial Accounting
- FIN304 Corporate Finance
- MTH222 Business Statistics
Emphasis Required Courses
- SOC100 Introduction to Sociology
- PSY150 Introduction to Psychology
- MKT328 Buyer Behavior
- MTH250 Introduction to Econometrics
- MKT420 Pricing Strategies
- MTH190 Business Mathematics II.
- MKT375 Marketing Research
- MTH320 Quantitative Decision Making
- MKT320 Brand Management
- MKT430 Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning
- BUS349 Internship
- MGT430 Strategic Planning
- MKT435 Thesis Seminar
- 1 course from “Business Elective” group
- 1 courses from “Non-Business Elective” group
*Instead of the MTH 111 + MTH 190 sequence, students may take MTH 190 + a quantitative course of higher level.
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their study by taking state exams (from management, economics, marketing, finance, strategic marketing analysis and planning) and defending their thesis.
Exam and Assessment Regulation
AAU uses the U.S. grading and evaluation system complemented by the European Credit Transfer System (“ECTS”). For more information on assessment and related policies see the Study and Examination Code in the Academic Codex.
The Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning emphasis program is accredited by the Czech Republic Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports thereby qualifying graduates to apply for master’s programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada and many other countries around the world.
AAU actively participates in the EU's Erasmus+ exchange program with over 30 European university partners. Additional exchanges exist with universities in North America, Australia, and Asia. These exchanges enable students to partially complete their studies in another country. Ask the Dean for more information on what Erasmus+ and exchange opportunities might be available.
Internship & Mentoring
All students at AAU’s School of Business Administration are required to complete an internship credit. The School of Business Administration and the Career Center offer assistance, advice and guidance to ensure that students are able to fulfill this requirement. Ask the Career Center Specialist for more information on what internship opportunities are currently available.