Vision and Leadership
Graduates of the Anglo-American University are prepared to make a positive difference addressing local, national and international challenges through the analysis and application of current and developing knowledge in the context of a globalized world.
AAU was founded in 1990, shortly after the collapse of communism, as the Anglo-American College (AAC) by Jansen Raichl and Dr. Vlasta Raichlová. Their vision was to create an educational institution that would combine the best of American and British academic principles with Central European traditions and give students a wide range of opportunities for future career in the local and international labor market.
As a global and inclusive community, AAU prepares learners for leading a meaningful and prosperous life by cultivating critical thinking, effective communication and responsible action through personalized and transformative learning.
The AAU vision is to be a leading learning hub connecting study programs, research and real-world experience.
- Academic Excellence: Conduct quality programs based on innovative strategies and practical skills of a qualified and diverse faculty.
- Personal Attention to Learners: Instruct in small, dynamic groups using real-world experience with seminar- and project-based education methods to identify and satisfy individual learner needs, support their continuous growth and development.
- Diversity, Inclusivity and Multiculturalism: Cultivate a multicultural campus environment; encourage diversity of the student body, faculty, and staff; and treat each person with dignity and respect.
- Flexibility and Critical Thinking: Promote open-minded discussion and original thought from students, faculty, businesses and institutions to empower innovative approaches and increase the ability to address new challenges.
- Social Consciousness: Foster an ethos of social responsibility, provide excellent affordable education on a not-for-profit basis and continually reinvest in the betterment of our community and educational models.
- Shared Governance: Provide relevant stakeholders at all levels with a voice in matters of curriculum, research and operations.
The President of Anglo-American University
Words of welcome
Let me first express my excitement and pleasure to welcome you to Anglo-American University (AAU). AAU has become a renowned institution providing top-quality programs of study for more than a quarter century in the areas of business, humanities, journalism, communications, international relations, and law. AAU is proud of its accreditation that endorses the quality of its education, especially the most recent accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission in the United States of America.
With common law studies provided under the umbrella of the University of London and our MBA program in cooperation with Chapman University in California, USA our partnerships are yet another highlight of the stellar education students receive at AAU.
But we would not be an excellent university without our students that come from more than 70 countries all over the world. Students are, and always were, our biggest point of pride and living evidence of the program quality at AAU. We remain dedicated to cultivating their abilities in critical thinking, effective communication, and responsible action to ensure success in their future professions and careers. This is key to our success. This is why our lecturers provide learning in English, the lingua franca of today and an essential tool for flourishing in a global environment that alumni should be equipped with.
Please feel free to look through our website and/or pay us a personal visit. We hope to see you soon.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is, represented by some of the brightest minds in education, administration, and governance in the Czech Republic as well as from abroad. Their continued guidance has helped place AAU among the top institutions of its kind in Europe.
The members of the Board of Trustees of Anglo-American University are:
- doc. Ing. Jiří Schwarz, CSc.
- Ing. Věra Babišová
- Ing. Andrej Barčák
- Mgr. Petr Chára
- Melissa Durda
- Ing. Monika Kavanová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Miroslava Kopicová
- Matthew Kwasiborski
- PhDr. Ján Oravec, CSc.
- Mgr. Daniel Soukup, MBA
The Inspector is responsible for overseeing the operations of AAU and the Board of Trustees and is also directly responsible for the institutional direction of AAU. Through extensive communication with AAU’s other governing bodies, it assures the institution’s progression is forward-looking and enduring.
The Inspector of Anglo-American University is:
PhDr. Radek Soběhart
Determined to create a unique and productive learning environment, our founders stand as a testament to AAU’s humble beginnings. Their vision has continued to raise academic standards and challenge the established state-educational institutions in the Czech Republic and Central Europe.
AAU’s Founders are:
- Jansen Raichl
- Dr. Lenka Deverová
- Lourdes Daza Aramayo
- Mgr. Michaela Proskočilová
- Martin Kúšik
Ex Officio Members:
- doc. Ing. Štěpán Müller, CSc. (Chair)
- doc. Ing. Jiří Schwarz, CSc.
- Ing. Miroslav Svoboda, Ph.D.
- Ing. David Lipka, Ph.D.
- Ing. Martina Marková
- PhDr. Richard Olehla, Ph.D.
- Eva Rivera, Ph.D.
- Tony Ozuna, M.A.
- Mgr. Daniela Lenčéš Chalániová, Ph.D
- Karen Grunow Harsta, Ph.D.
- Christopher Shallow, M.Sc.
Members Appointed by the AAU President:
- Pelin Ayan Musil, Ph.D.
- Nona Kikaleishvili
- PhDr. Miroslava Kopicová
- prof. Ing. Evžen Kočenda, Ph.D., DSc.
- JUDr. PhDr. Marek Antoš, Ph.D., LL.M
- prof. Mgr. Ing. Petr Kratochvíl, Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Jana Přikrylová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Petr Suchý, Ph.D.