Anglo-American University, an institution that has provided premium private education for 25 years, is proud to announce that it has moved to the Thurn and Taxis Palace.

In keeping with tradition, the new campus is located just down the street from AAU’s present building at Letenská 5, Prague 1. The building, which has been abandoned for several years, has passed through many hands over the past few hundred years before being given a neoclassical refurbishment by the Thurn and Taxis family in 1814.

According to the agreement signed with the Prague 1 Municipal Council two years ago, the university will have an exclusive lease of the palace for 15 years. Students will start classes in the new campus at the beginning of the spring semester 2015.The new premises will offer 17 fully-equipped classrooms, one Visual Arts Studio and two times the space for its student body. The students can look forward to a brand new cafeteria as well as a modern student lounge for studying and socializing. Furthermore, free space for extracurricular activities and events will be made available, and will allow for more academic interaction and growth. All students will have access to the neighboring Vojanovy gardens, highlighting the exclusivity of AAU’s new location.

The decision to move was made in order to accommodate a growing student body in a technically and academically advanced campus. AAU currently hosts students from more than 60 countries around the world and wants to provide them with the most upscale and modern campus available, while keeping its location in the beautiful and historic Mala Strana. AAU has left the Lazenska campus completely and the facility will be rented out to new tenants, however, this is completely under the charge of the Knights of Malta.

Photogallery


Publication date: January 05, 2015