Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
In the personal statement, please select 3 questions of the 10 given below. Please format your answers by first stating the question you are choosing to answer and then writing a 200 words response (or 300 words if applying for an MA program) under the stated question.
- Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- What would you say is your greatest talent? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?
- Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. What have you learned from the experience?
- Describe your favorite academic subject and explain how it has influenced you.
- What movie, poem, musical composition, or novel has most influenced your life and the way that you view the world?
- Why have you chosen to spend the next years of your life in college?
- Every person has a creative side and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving, original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express your creative side.
- If you were to have the chance to have a 30-minute conversation with any person in human history (either living or deceased), who would be the person of your choice? Why? What topics would you discuss with this person?
- What is the one thing that you think sets you apart from other candidates applying to AAU?
- There are thousands of universities around the world, why is AAU on your list?
This statement must be written in your own words, using your own style. You should draw on your personal experiences of challenges and success to illustrate why you think you would be a good fit at AAU. Please, not that plagiarism of any part of the personal statement is considered as a serious violation of academic integrity and of AAU’s internal rules and will lead to the rejection of the application.